Effective December 15, 2020
If you have questions, reach out to us using the contact information at the end of this document.
Why do we collect and use information?
VACEXT collects information from and about you when you use our Services. That information helps us give you the most useful Services and shopping experience. We may use the information you submit to us on the website or during VACEXT account purchases, including browsing behavior, email clicks and other communications, to tailor your experience on our website and in any communications we may send to you (including things like personalized product recommendations), respond to your questions, contact and communicate with you when necessary, fulfill your orders and process payments, address any problems with the Services or our business, or protect the security or integrity of the Services and our business.
What type of information do we collect?
Personally Identifiable Information or “PII” refers to information that can be used to identify you. Examples of PII include your name, gender, birthdate, address, email address, or phone number. We may combine the PII you provide to us with other information we may collect from or about you or obtain from third-party services. Please know you are not required to give us PII and are free to withhold all or any part of it at any time, though if you decide to withhold it we may not be able to give you some or all the Services.
VACEXT Account Information: You may have to register for an account to use certain Services, like registering a newly purchased VACEXT product. VACEXT will need to collect information from you regarding your account registration. You will need a username and password and will have the option of providing other information within your personal profile, including pictures, your location, and information about your contacts.
Location Information: As you access the Services, we can provide customized information to you by accessing your location, and so we may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store data about your location. That can include your address, zip code, GPS coordinates, or similar information about where your VACEXT products, your computer, or other devices used to access the Services are located (“Location Information”). We can use the Location Information via any third-party applications to help provide intelligent notifications about updates or actions you should take relating to your VACEXT products or Services. Location Information can also help us monitor and maintain the VACEXT Ecosystem and help improve Services for all users. While you are free to disable your device so that Location Information is not provided, some features of the Services may not work correctly if location data is impaired or disabled.
Correspondence Information: If you call us, email us, or subscribe to our newsletters or mailing lists, or buy products through the Services, we may keep your message, email address, and contact information to respond to your requests, provide the requested Service, give you information or offers we think may interest you, and/or give notifications of other correspondences to you. If you want to opt-out of these messages, you can do so via the “My Profile” or “Email Subscriptions” sections on the Services or by contacting us at the information listed at the bottom of this document. Please be aware we may still need to contact you about certain important service announcements or notifications.
Public Information: VACEXT may collect information about you from publicly available sources. Any information you make public, including on social media, is available to us (and anyone else for that matter) for collection and use in customizing our communications to you or otherwise.
Links: VACEXT may keep track of how you interact with links on the Services, including emails, third-party services, and client applications. We do this to help analyze and improve the Services. Link information is usually only analyzed on an aggregated basis.
Cookies, Web Beacons, & Other Tracking Technologies: Like a lot of other services, VACEXT may automatically or passively collect certain information and data from your browser or device using “cookies,” “web beacons,” and other similar technology.
- Cookies – are small data files, transferred to your computer or mobile device. VACEXT may use both session and persistent cookies. Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies.
- Web Beacons – are small graphics placed on websites or emails to gather information about how the site or email is used. Through these, we can learn about how you use some of our partners’ sites, even before you arrive at ours or after you leave. We may use that information to improve our Services, provide personalized content, and monitor traffic on our sites and apps.
Log File Information: While using our Services, we may get information like your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device information, and search terms. We can get this information when you interact with our Services. We use the information to provide, understand, and improve our Services and its content. VACEXT may link this log file to other information we collect.
Commerce Transaction Information: You may give payment information and a shipping address to complete a transaction on our Services. VACEXT partners with a Service Provider for most transactions. The provider processes transactions on our behalf and may also give us non-financial information, which can include unique identifiers and payment authorizations. VACEXT will take reasonable steps to make sure our providers protect your information on our behalf. If we find out that a provider is disclosing your information improperly, we’ll take reasonable steps to stop it. VACEXT only shares this type of information with third-parties if necessary to complete commerce transactions. When we collect and store information related to your purchases made through our Services, all credit card information will be encrypted and stored on a secure server.
How do we use your information for Interest-Based Advertising?
We also may display interest-based ads through Facebook, Twitter, or other social media platforms or websites. This is done through the Facebook Custom Audiences, Twitter Tailor Audiences, or other similar business tools. These tools allow us to personalize our ads based on your shopping experience with us, without having to share your personal information with these social media platforms. We do this only by sharing hashed information (which converts your email or phone number to a unique string of numbers and letters) that the social media platform then matches data against its own data for the limited purpose of serving advertisements (either directly to you or to other lookalike audiences). The matched and unmatched hashes are then deleted and are not used for any other purpose.
For information on your choices with respect to interest-based ads, see the “What are your choices and opt-out preferences?” section below.
Do we share your information?
VACEXT won’t share, sell, or rent your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as described in this document, including:
- VACEXT Personnel and authorized partners may access your information as needed to operate the Services.
- Service Providers who may need access to your information to help us provide and support the Services, including hosting companies, payment processors (see above), or analytics information companies. Information we share may include what you give to us and what we collect about you as noted above and may include Personally Identifiable Information.
- Certain Third-Parties can include marketing and advertising companies we use to deliver our ads, information, and other VACEXT promotions to you, through the Services and through other mechanisms, to give materials to you on third-party websites and/or platforms.
- Business Transactions: It’s always possible VACEXT could purchase or sell business assets or be involved in a merger, acquisition, or reorganization (a “Business Transaction”). Because it’s part of our ongoing business, your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, may be sold or transferred as part of a Business Transaction.
- Lawful Requests: Court orders, subpoenas, or some laws may require us to disclose your information. Please know we don’t disclose that information unless we believe the request meets applicable legal standards. We may share your information when we think it’s necessary to comply with the law, to protect our interest or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, or to protect someone’s safety. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies. Nothing in this document is meant to limit any legal defenses or objections you may have to a third party’s request to disclose your information.
We may compile and/or share anonymized, aggregated, or de-identified information about you or your use of the Services to develop customer profiles, conduct similar analysis, or for marketing purposes.
How can you access the information VACEXT has about you or change what we do with it?
Deleting your account or opting-out of the collection and use of your information will disable or eliminate your access to some or all of our Services.
What are your choices and opt-out preferences?
- Cookies, Tracking Options and Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our Services require cookies. You may adjust your device or Internet browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features of the Service or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your device’s settings or your Internet browser’s “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your device or browser from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences. For now, VACEXT doesn’t employ a process for automatically responding to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals sent by browsers, mobile devices, or similar mechanisms.
- Interest-Based Advertising Choices
Per industry standards, third parties may be able to collect information about your online activities over time, and across different websites when you use our Services. To understand your choices for receiving more relevant advertising provided on the Service or across other websites and online services, please review the information below.
- DAA: To learn more about such interest-based advertising, and to opt out of such collection and use for interest-based advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info.
- NAI: To opt out from the use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member companies, please visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org.
- On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
You can also limit some tracking devices by disabling cookies on your browser. Please note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive advertisements from VACEXT that are not customized based on cookies.
- Unsubscribe from Marketing Communications
You can opt-out of most VACEXT notifications at any time by completing the process given to you with each message, by visiting “my profile” on the Services, or by contacting us as described at the end of this document. There are limitations in what we can stop or eliminate. While you can remove yourself from our email list by contacting Consumer Care or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link within any communication, this doesn’t automatically mean you’ll stop getting emails from us – you cannot opt-out of communications for things like account verification, purchase and billing, confirmations and reminders, changes and updates to features of the Services, or technical or security notices. And requests to terminate your VACEXT Account or delete your information do not ensure complete removal of content or information posted, as removed information may persist in backup copies indefinitely and may be used for archival or audit purposes.
How does VACEXT protect your information?
VACEXT is working hard to protect your information and keep it from being stolen or misused. When personal information (such as credit card information) is sent to other websites, it’s protected by encryption, like the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. That said, our reality is that no data security protocol is impenetrable, and VACEXT can’t guarantee the security of our systems or databases nor can we guarantee that personal information we collect about you will not be breached, intercepted, destroyed, accessed, or otherwise disclosed without authorization. Accordingly, you transfer your information at your own risk.
Please do your part to help us keep your information secure by keeping your VACEXT Account and password confidential. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or VACEXT Account, and we reserve the right to block the Services and terminate any related contract if it appears you have disclosed your account or password information to an unauthorized third party.
VACEXT isn’t responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
How does VACEXT transfer and store your information?
The Services in this Agreement are intended for access and use in the United States. Any information VACEXT collects about you may be transferred, processed, and/or accessed by us in the United States, or any other country where we, or our Service Providers operate. Please know that Personally Identifiable Information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers not in the state or country where you live, meaning the privacy laws could differ from and may not be as protective as those where you live. If you are located outside the United States and allow us to collect information about you, please be aware that VACEXT may transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to other countries, including the United States, and process and store it there. By allowing collection of your Personally Identifiable Information, you consent to having your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States.
Do you have any questions or want to contact VACEXT?
You can also reach us at:
Office of Data Privacy
510 High St, Apt 417
Columbia, MO 65201